Keeping a close eye on how we affect the environment locally and globally is one way we show respect to our clients and their families. The Closet Guy helps protect the environment by implementing Eco-Efforts in our daily business practices.
Here are some of our procedures designed to reduce the effect of unnecessary waste on our environment:
1. We’ve gone Paper Free. We order products on-line and offer paper free design delivery as well as estimating and invoicing.
2. We design and build with an eye toward creating as little scrap waste as possible (when we are finished, the waste from one average master closet won’t fill a 5 gallon bucket!).
3. We continue to educate ourselves on ways we can reduce unnecessary waste.
4. We always look to salvage materials that can be donated to the Habitat For Humanity ReStore. Building materials that can be re-used will be carefully removed and used by other builders or contractors wherever possible.
5. We strive to use recycled paper products for our office needs.
6. Our products are delivered in cardboard. We deliver all recyclable materials to the recycling center.
7. We recycle all paper products, printer cartridges and light bulbs.
8. We properly recycle all of our dead electronic office equipment.
9. We recycle as much hardware/wire or wood shelving taken out of closets as possible.
10. We help clients creatively recycle their unwanted clutter instead of throwing stuff away.
11. Shelving products meet current EPA standards.